1. Complete the sentences using one of the following words. Use a/an where necessary.
biscuit, coat, key, music, letter, sugar, moment, question, blood, electricity
1. Listen! Can you hear a music?W
2. I couldn’t get into the house because I didn’t have a key?
3. It’s very warm today .Why are you wearing a coat?
4.Do you take sugur in your coffee?
5. Are you hungry? Would you like a biscuit with your coffee?
6. I didn’t phone them.I wrote a letter instead.
7.Excuse me, but can I ask you a question?
8. I’m not ready yet. Can you wait a moment,please?
9.Our lives would be very difficult without electricity
10.The heart pumps blood through the body.
2.Who were the people?
1.Beethoven? He was a composer.
2.Shakespeare?He was an English poet
3.Albert Einstein?He was a German-born theoretical physicist
4.Washington? Lincoln? John Kennedy?They were apresidents of U.S
5.Marilyn Monroe? She was an American actress
6.Elvis Presley? John Lennon? They were English singers
7.Van Gogh? Renoir? Gauguin?…They were painters
3.Put a/an or some where necessary.If no word is necessary, leave the space empty (-).
- I have seen … good films recently.
- What’s wrong with you? Have you got … headache.
- I know a lot of people. Most of them are… students.
- When I was … child, I used to be very shy.
- Would you like to be … actor?
- Do you collect …. stamps?
- What …. beautiful garden.
- It’s a pity we haven’t got …. camera. I’d like to take… photo of that house.
- Those are… nice shoes.Where did you get them?
- I’m going shopping. I want to buy … new shoes.
- You need… visa to visit … countries, but not all of them.
- Jane is … teacher. Her parents were …. teachers too.